Pitufina, Robotina, Mandibulín, Pablo Mármol and Uncle Rico McPato ... do you recognize any of those names? They were some of the cartoon characters I grew up with.
Before VHS recorders, computers, 24-hour television programming and the Cartoon Network, I grew up watching animated programs after school and on Saturday mornings. What we call in Puerto Rico los muñequitos (other words in Spanish are caricatures or cartoons) were the cartoons from United States. In these versions for Hispanic markets, almost all of the programs and character names were changed to Spanish and they did a great job keeping the essence of their original names.
Recently, I spent more than an hour with my sister trying to remember all those classic cartoons in Spanish that we used to watch. If you want to feel a little nostalgic, as my sister and I, here are some of them:
INFOGRAPHIC: 63 Classic Cartoon Character Names in Spanish
Here is the infographic with only 63 character names. For the full list of the 76 Classic Cartoon Character Names in Spanish jump here
76 Classic Cartoon Character Names in Spanish
The Smurfs | Smurfette - Smurfette
• Smurfette - Smurfette
• Smurfette - Smurfette • Clumsy - Smurfette • Grouchy - Grumpy Smurf
Here is the intro in Spanish.
Sesame Street | • Bert and Ernie - Beto and Enrique • Kermit the Frog - La Rana René
• Big Bird - Abelardop>
• Cookie Monster - Lucas
• Count von Count - The Count Count
The Flintstones | The Flintstones
• Fred Flintstone - Peter Flintstone
• Wilma Flintstone - Vilma Flintstone
• Mr Barney Rubble - Paul Marble
• Mr Slate - Lord Rajuela
• Bedrock - Piedradura
The Jetsons | The Supersonic
• George Jetson - Super Sonic
• Jane Jetson - Ultra Sonic
• Judy Jetson - Sonic Lucero
• Elroy Jetson - Sonic Cometín
• Rosey - Robotina
Care Bears | • Love-A-Lot Bear • Love-A-Lot Bear • Love-A-Lot Bear
• Bear Bear - Friendship
• Birthday Bear
• Wish Bear - Desire
• Funshine Bear - Happy Birthday
Sean Zaccheo and Magda Lucia Izquierdo Gil's Wedding Website
Each accommodation at the New England Hotel is an ideal setting for an indulgent and peaceful rejuvenation. Each accommodation in our New England hotel is the ideal place for rejuvenating a relaxing and peaceful.
Fungi and Bacteria
In the following table a classification of the kingdom of the fungi, from the class to the sorts, is presented. Bacteriology is the subject in charge of the bacteria estidude, and a branch of it is the mircobiología.
Chile, Chili, or Chilli? What's the Correct Spelling?
Note that while this is also the spelling of the South American country , that has an entirely unrelated origin and meaning. This is the spelling that feels the most "right" to me; even though it is a loanword that is not pronounced like it reads.
• Grumpy Good Luck Bear - Suertosito
Note that all the Spanish translations end with -osito"> to make it sound so cute.
Watch the Spanish intro opening here.
The Magical World of Disney | The Magic World of Disney
• Cinderella - Cinderella
• Tinkerbell - Bells
• Goofy - Tribilin
• Donald Duck - Duck Donald Duck - DuckTales - DuckTales - DuckTales - DuckTales - DuckTales - DuckTales - DuckTales - DuckTales - DuckTales - DuckTales - • Road Runner - The Roadrunner •
• Gyro Gearloose - Ciro Peraloca
• Armstrong - Duck Apparatus
Looney Tunes Wile E. Coyote - The Coyote
• Tweety - Tweety
• Foghorn Leghorn - The Claudian Rooster
• Daffy Duck -
Super Heroes in Spanish
• The Fantastic Four - The Fantastic Four
- The Invisible Woman
- The Thing - The Mole
- The Human Torch - The Human Torch Atomic Ant - The Batman - Battic - Catwoman - Catwoman - Wonder Woman - Wonder Woman Wonder Woman - Wonder Woman Wonder Woman - Wonder Woman Wonder Woman - Wonder Woman - Batman's real name Bruce Wayne - Bruno Diaz
• Robin's real name Dick Grayson - Ricado Tapia • Spiderman - Spider-Man
Other Cartoon Characters in Spanish
• Woody Woodpecker - The Talking Magpies The Talking Magpies The Talking Magpies The Talking Magpies The Talking Magpies The Talking Magpies The Talking Magpies The Talking Magpies The Talking Magpies The Talking Magpies The Talking Magpies The Talking Magpies The Talking Magpies The Talking Magpies The Talking Magpies Mighty Mouse's girlfriend - Pure Pearl of Heart Jabberjaw - Mandibulin
Mighty Mouse - Super Raton
• Precious Pupp
• Top Cat - Don Gato and his Gang
• Casper - Gasparín
Strawberry Shortcake | Rosita Fresita h2>
In some Latin American countries the word for strawberry is strawberry and frutilla in others like Chile and Argentina. I do not know why, but for some reason I remember some of the Strawberry Shortcake character names in English. "Who lives in this strawberry cottage, sleeps in this strawberry cake, dreams in this strawberry cottage? Strawberry Shortcake, yes sir! "
Wikipedia has the complete list of characters in Spanish for the translations made in Mexico and Spain. But, in my opinion, the best Spanish names were the villains: The Peculiar Purple Pieman of Porcupine Peak - The Pancakes Pandero Pan Pan or Bigotón Pastry
If you want to relive your childhood cartoons here is a series of DVD's called Saturday Morning Cartoons available for the 60's, 70's and 80's. Here you will find some episodes of Bugs Bunny, Road Runner Show, Yogi's Gang, Tom and Jerry, The Porky Pig Show, The Jetsons, The Flintstones, Hillbilly Bears, Top Cat, Atom Ant Show and Precious Pup among others. The 80's DVD includes The Monchhichis, Mr. T and The Flintstone Kids.
Which ones were your favorites? Do you remember the Spanish names of other classic cartoon characters?