Officials of Gamagori, in the Aichi Prefecture along the coastline of central Japan, warned residents to toss fugu, known as blowfish or pufferfish, bought at a local supermarket after parts of the fish containing deadly toxins were sold, Japanese Times reported.
The health ministry ordered the store to recall all the blowfish packages and suspend their sale, but the store told officials that it will no longer sell blowfish, Ohashi said.
"We are calling for residents to avoid eating fugu, using Gamagori city's emergency wireless system", he said.
Fugu is widely eaten in Japan as a winter delicacy but it can be sold and served in restaurants only after a qualified chef has carefully removed the liver, ...
Ford Mach 1 Returns - As An Electric Performance SUV
The American vehicle giant said the increased spending will lead to 16 fully electric and 24 hybrid and plug-in hybrid models. Ford also announced that it would begin building a hybrid version of its popular F-150 pickup in Dearborn, Michigan by 2020.
Stupid not to - Giggs seeks Fergie´s advice upon taking Wales job
Giggs' first game in charge will be in the 2018 China Cup against the hosts on 22 March in Nanning. Wales has handed Ryan Giggs his first coaching job since ending an illustrious playing career.
Turkey tells citizens to reconsider travelling to US
It added that the New York City subway pipe bomb attack in December was "an example of far-right/racist incidents". Earlier this month, a U.S. jury found a Turkish banker guilty of helping Iran to evade USA sanctions.
"Eating a blowfish liver can paralyse motor nerves, and in a serious case cause respiratory arrest leading to death", regional officials said in a statement.
A recorded message plays from loudspeakers around the city tells residents not to consume the fish. Three of the packages of fish have been recovered by authorities, but two others remain at large.
Fugu is one of Japan's most expensive delicacies, despite almost a dozen people having suffered agonizing deaths from its toxic parts over the past decade. Tetrodotoxin poison will cause numbness around the mouth, then paralysis and that can lead to a person's death. There is no known antidote to the poison.
Several people are killed each year in Japan from blowfish poisoning.
Chefs in Japan require years of training and a special licence if they plan to prepare & serve fugu.