A carbon monoxide leak at a MI hotel has left one child dead and injured at least a dozen other people.
Heidi Prescott, a spokeswoman for Beacon Health system, said eight children had been brought to Memorial Hospital, along with one law enforcement officer.
Police said that a Niles police officer and Berrien County sheriff's deputy also were taken to a hospital for treatment and were released.
WNDU-TV and WSBT-TV report that officials at Lakeland Hospital in Niles confirmed the child's death.
Bryan Watts, 13, was pronounced dead on arrival when he was taken to the hospital. The Niles Police Department said the six children ranged in ages from 12 to 14.
"No one really knows the last time someone actually saw them actively moving around in the pool", Don Wise, of the Niles Fire Department, said.
The pool's heater was found to be the source of the carbon monoxide.
Heat wave sweeps 10 states; Delhi touches 38 degrees C
The Met office said the day temperatures were above normal in Varanasi, Faizabad, Jhansi and Agra. Weather analysts fear that Delhi will also be swept by heatwave condition in the next few days.
Middle-aged London attacker was criminal who wasn't seen as threat
Masood drove his rented SUV across the crowded Westminster Bridge on Wednesday, striking pedestrians. ISIS did not name Masood in its statement released to Amaq, the news agency linked to the group.
ACC to consider NC as event host again after LGBT law change
But at least one council member isn't happy about it. "She should not lose her privacy and dignity to a boy in a locker room". Yvonne Holley, D-Wake, who eventually voted for the bill, called the vote gut-wrenching. "We're about the future", he said.
WNDU-TV said officials blamed the carbon monoxide leak on a malfunctioning pool heater.
At least one child is dead and five children hospitalized after they were found passed out at a hotel's indoor pool. A "few" hotel employees and first responders taken to the hospital are expected to make a full recovery.
They include five children found unconscious alongside Watts at the Quality Inn & Suites hotel pool. She had just come from the pool area where she had been with the other six children.
The reading in the pool area was 800 parts per million, Wise said.
Carbon monoxide is an odorless, colorless and tasteless gas that is produced when a fuel is burned.
The hotel's spokesman said the incident was "isolated" and is now working closely with local authorities to handle the situation.