Albert started 12 games for the Dolphins this season but had one of his worst campaigns as a pro. Albert also is familiar with the AFC West as a longtime player with the Kansas City Chiefs. The Dolphins waived him, and after he went unclaimed on waivers he finished the season on the team's injured reserve list. The team had claimed him off waivers from the Cleveland Browns last summer.
Tunsil is expected to take over Albert's position. His release will save Miami around $8.5 million this year.
The move is part of a larger purge by the Fins, who are also parting ways with offensive tackle Branden Albert, another former standout who was moved because of salary cap reasons. Instead of cutting the veteran tackle, Miami may now try to trade him.
Mitchell was to make $3.975 million in 2017 (not guaranteed).
Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald writes that "there is sudden and significant interest from at least one and perhaps other teams in acquiring Albert".
Now, the Dolphins will have to address both starting guard spots in the offseason since Tunsil is moving from left guard to left tackle and Jermon Bushrod, the right guard, is a free agent.
KL Hospital finishes post-mortem on North Korean
According to the MPs, Kim had been given China's protection and was due to leave for Macau when he was killed by the agents. He told medical workers before he died that he had been attacked with a chemical spray , the Malaysian officials said.
Stocks calm; Yellen in the hot seat; Trouble for Toshiba and Samsung
With the announced departure in early April of Fed Governor Daniel Tarullo, Trump can fill three of the seven Fed Board seats. Capital Economics' Oliver Jones sees the Fed to raise rates 4 times (!) this year but the next hike won't come till June.
Syria rebels deny receiving invitation to Astana peace talks
The Astana talks are to be followed by a new round of UN-sponsored peace talks in Geneva on February 20. The focus of the talks in Astana is a partial cease-fire that went into effect at the end of December.
After all, the 32-year-old was a Pro Bowler as recently as 2015 in a not-so-great year to draft a left OT.
The Dolphins got a jump start on the offseason Thursday by releasing a pair of players and almost releasing a third (more on that in a second). He recorded just 1.5 sacks, playing in only 13 games.
Williams, 32, will likely only receive one-year offers after a disappointing campaign.
The Dolphins get a head-start on free agency by trading for a big-name corner. He barely made a splash, registering 1.5 sacks in just five starts.
Williams recorded 97.5 sacks during his 11-year National Football League career.
So when defensive end Mario Williams was drafted out of North Carolina State, the big man had a big target on his back for those who wanted to quickly label him a bust.